Friday, November 20, 2009

okokok, so blogpost idea...

Just thinking about my favorite authors and I realize that they are all very depressing in some way... I mean, why on Earth would someone read Steinbeck for kicks and giggles? Anyways, so he's one of them. Also Chuck Palahniuk...I started reading one if his books today because the unedited version of 'The Stand' got to be too depressing (note: do NOT read this in the middle of a flu epidemic, like NOW...it definitely makes you more paranoid than any local news station ever could). Anyways again, the book is called 'Lullaby' and it's basically about dead babies...well and a journalist...and a bunch of hippies. You can definitely tell that Palahniuk lived in Oregon for awhile, lol. Most of his books will mention something about how the corporate machine is ruining humanity, nihilism this, narcisism that, blahblahblah....Still less scary than King, for sure.
I should really finish The Dark Tower series. It's King's best work by far, and I got all the to half-way through the last book (7 in all, in case you're interested), and just never finished it.
I also recommend T.S. Elliot for any rainy day (which there have been a lot of lately).
hmmm.
They're also all men. My favorite authors I mean. At least all of the ones I can think of right now...
What I really like in a book is a good anti-hero. King and Palahniuk are masters with these (those many people will argue on that), like any good spagetti-western (even though I don't like John Wayne for that matter). I don't really know where I'm going with this, but the point is I'm learning to sew this next break and I still don't know if I'll ever really become fluent in the French language, but I'm really excited to learn Wolof! Nanga def? (Maangi fi rek!)
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment